Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Quidditch_Turtle for Whatever Wednesdays!

Hey guys! Quidditch_Turtle here, and this week, I will be taking up a pretty well-debated topic-
Selfies.

Personally, I think that selfies are kind of annoying, and even though I don't have an Instagram or anything like that, I know from looking at my sister's. I also have noticed that girls are in most selfies. I guess boys are just "too cool" for their face to be in a picture (no offense, Mr. Rainbow, I'm talking about guys who like trucks and country music and things like that). Some girls can look really pretty in them, if they don't make a really fake smile. That's another really annoying thing.

Lately, people have been taking selfies with their faces half way out of the actual photo and their arms stretched way out. I mean, the whole point of a picture is to capture the beauty of something, and clearly, that is not happening. And really, people are like "Oh, your eyes are so pretty" when the person uses a really heavy filter that messes up their whole face and the colors of it. Another thing that bothers me is when people put the caption as something like this- "It doesn't matter what other people say about how you look, because your beautiful on the inside and out-" when they take a really good picture of themselves and use a filter to make them look even better. That's really just saying "It doesn't matter what other people say about how you look, because your beautiful on the inside and out- but I'm already pretty on the outside, so that part doesn't apply to me." Seriously?

I don't know about you, but it's really aggravating when people take selfies EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF THE DAY. We honestly don't need to know what you look like all the time. I'd really like to know what those people do in their spare time if they take a million selfies a second on a regular basis. If my kid was doing that, I would take their phone or iPod or whatever away for like a month and watch them suffer... MWA HA HA!!!!

Whenever I try to take a selfie, I always get embarrassed. Even my sister doesn't like when I look at her while she's trying to take a good selfie. I guess I'm just not that kind of material, you know? I'd rather take pictures of the things around me instead of being selfish and snotty and taking a picture of myself, and on top of that adding a filter to make my face look all demented. I mean, the word "selfie" has the word "self" right inside of it!

So, as you can see, Quidditch_Turtle is not a big fan of selfies, and I apologize if I hurt any of the viewer's feelings. They're just over-rated and I needed to address my opinion. I am okay with selfies if you take one with another person or people, or if you want to get something in the backround, but those are really the only circumstances when they don't irritate me. Well, this is Quidditch_Turtle, signing out until next week!

P.S: Don't even get me started with that stupid song!!! (Sorry Mr. Rainbow...)

2 comments:

  1. Alas whenever I take a selfie it's with the face distorter on my iPad
    ~CHUCKLES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, those I don't mind either. It's fun to do that kind of stuff!
      -Quidditch_Turtle

      Delete