Friday, August 15, 2014

I AM SSSSOOOOO SORRY!!!!!!!!! (Also known as Fandom Friday #1 By Quidditch_Turtle)

Hey guys, I just want to start out this post by apologizing for all of the posts I have missed these last few weeks. I feel really bad about it, and I hope everyone can forgive me!

First of all, I have absolutely NO idea what I'm going to post- Oh wait, I know!

So I just finished the last book of the Hunger Games series (Mockingjay), and as soon as the school year starts, I will be reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, because that is the last book in the series and I haven't read it yet. But then I thought, what am I going to read after that, cuz I have been reading Harry Potter since 4th grade! So this week, I will be posting a list of the series on my "Book Bucket List." (I just made that up, like, right now :) By the way, if you didn't know what a bucket list is, it is a list of things you want to do or places you want to go before you die.

1. The Divergent trilogy (Divergent, Insurgent, Allegiant) by: Veronica Roth

My mom saw the movie and said that it's pretty similar to The Hunger Games, and that I would like it. I saw the movie trailer, and it seemed like a pretty good one, so therefore, it appears on my Book Bucket List.



2. The Hobbit/ Lord of the Rings by: J.R.R Tolkien

Again, my mom has the three LOTR movies, and she read the Hobbit. She also says she may have read the LOTR series as well, but she can't remember. I don't really understand how you don't know if you read the book or not, but whatever. Anyway, my cousin Lexie also read it for school, and let me tell ya, she is not into that kind of stuff AT ALL. But after she was about half way through it, she said she actually liked it a lot!







3. Between Shades of Gray by: Ruta Sepetys

I know what your thinking. This book has NOTHING to do with Fifty Shades of Gray. Aside from that, my cousin Lexie started reading this book as well and recommended it to me. It's about a Jewish girl that got sent to a Death Camp during WWII, I think. Something along those lines.



4. The Book Thief by: Markus Zusak

Banana_elephant read this book and my sister did, too. They both said it was really good, right Banana_elephant? Again, it is about the Nazis and Germany and Jews and WWII and... I don't really know much about the storyline... But surprisingly, my mom started reading it and stopped because "It wasn't her type."



5. A Series of Unfortunate Events by: Lemony Snicket (maybe)

I considered reading this series in 4th grade around the time I started Harry Potter, but I'm the type of person that doesn't like to be reading two things at once, so maybe in the future I'll start it (If I'm not in the process of reading another series).



6. The Fault in Our Stars by: John Green (And Banana_elephant is probably freaking out right about now...)

Please don't tell me anymore about this book, I've heard PLENTY from Banana_elephant and the many others who are obsessed... I guess I just decided to read it in the future to see if it really is everything that everyone is blabbing about.



I also want to say that for the books like The Book Thief and The Hobbit/LOTR, there are many different covers for it, I just chose the most popular ones when I searched them. That's all I can think of for now, maybe if I think of any more I will do a follow-up post about the same thing. See you next week!  ~Quidditch_Turtle

No comments:

Post a Comment