Friday, August 22, 2014

Fandom Friday with Quidditch_Turtle #2

Hello everyone, Quidditch_Turtle here! Like I said in my last post, I thought about some more books to put on my Book Bucket List, so this week I will be doing a follow-up post. I hope you don't mind that I'm doing the same exact thing as last week.

7. The Giver by: Lois Lowry

My Language Arts teacher had told our class this past year that it was a really good read, but I never really thought much of it- until I saw the movie trailer. It seems like a science fiction-dystopian- type novel, and it really caught my attention.



8. Wonder by: R.J. Palacio

I don't really know much about this one, other than there is this kid with an "un-normal" face or something. I've heard that it's a pretty good one, so I think I'll check it out someday.



9. If I Stay series (If I Stay, Where She Went) by: Gayle Forman

I saw the movie trailer for this book and wanted to see the movie, and then I found out it was a book series, so I put it on my Book Bucket List. It's about this girl who goes into a coma as a result of a car accident.



The first two books shown are the same books, just different covers.

10. Percy Jackson series by: Rick Riordan

I had thought about reading this series a while ago, but now I'm not really sure, so I don't know if I will be reading this one anytime soon (sorry, Banana_elephant and not_luna_lovegood). I don't think I'm a fan of all that mythology stuff.



11. Artemis Fowl series by: Eoin Colfer

This is another one where I'm not sure about. Somewhere in the future, I'll have nothing to read, so I'll end up reading this one and the last.



12. The Westing Game by: Ellen Raskin

This book is a murder mystery, but I'm pretty sure it's appropriate for people my age. I've always been interested in TV shows like that as well, cuz stuff like that just doesn't bother me (disturb me, give me nightmares, etc.).


13. Charlie St. Cloud by: Ben Sherwood

I read a summary of this book and it is about a kid (Charlie) who can talk to his dead younger brother who died in a car accident. Then Charlie meets a spirit girl and he has to choose between life and death. This book was also made into a movie (as you can see on the cover of the book).


14. Homefront by: Doris Gwaltney

This book, along with some of the others on my previous Book Bucket List post, is also about WWII. This girl's English cousin comes to stay with her family as the war moves through Europe. Can you tell that I like Historical Fictions?


15. In a Heartbeat by: Loretta Ellsworth

My sister read this book and recommended it to me. It's about this girl who loses her heart and her best friend in an accident, and she receives her friend's heart.


 16. Ways to Live Forever by: Sally Nicholls

My sister read this book as well, and she said it was good, although she can't remember what it's about. I recall her telling me once that it is about this kid who gets cancer, but I don't know the details.


I hope to see you all next week for some more Fandom Friday action with Quidditch_Turtle! Hasta Luego (See you later)!

No comments:

Post a Comment