Monday, March 30, 2015

My Top 10 Favorite SpongeBob SquarePants Episodes (Part 2) (by not_luna_lovegood)

I'm not_luna_lovegood, and welcome back to my countdown of my top 10 favorite episodes of the beloved Nickelodeon cartoon, SpongeBob Squarepants. I am very sorry this is later than expected. You should read my previous post before you read this one. Before we begin, I would like to mention a few things (that I literally copied and pasted from my previous post):

-All of these episodes are from the first 3 seasons, as I feel the show dropped in quality after these seasons.
-When I mention the episode number, that's the episode number overall, not just in the season.
-Pictures and episode information come from the SpongeBob Wikia page at:  http://spongebob.wikia.com. I also used the synopses on the site to help me come up with my own.
-This will be VERY long, as many of my posts are, so I will split this into two parts.
-Lastly, I do not own SpongeBob, Nickelodeon does. This is just a fanmade post.

So without further ado, let's continue, shall we?

5. Graveyard Shift (season 2, episode 36a)
 Graveyard Shift
In this episode, Mr. Krabs, SpongeBob and Squidward's money-obsessed boss, declares that the Krusty Krab will start having night shifts. SpongeBob is excited, but Squidward is bummed. While they are working, Squidward decides to be a jerk and scare SpongeBob with the tale of the Hash-Slinging Slasher (which SpongeBob hilariously struggles to pronounce). A former fry cook at the Krusty Krab, the Hash-Slinging Slasher cut off his hand one night, replaced it with a spatula, was hit by a bus, and died. Every Tuesday night (which was the night it was at the time of this episode), the Slasher comes to get his revenge. There are three signs that he will come, and all three of them happen. However, the supposed "Hash-Slinging Slasher" is actually just a fish applying for a job. I'm usually not into scary stories and stuff like that, however, this episode is one of my favorites. I just think it's really funny and clever.

4. Idiot Box (season 3, episode 44b)
Idiot Box
This episode is about SpongeBob and Patrick buying a HUGE TV, only to use the giant box it comes in. Squidward thinks it's outrageous that they are being so silly, but SpongeBob tells him that the box can be anything he wants, he just has to use his...
Image result for imagination spongebob
The "Imagination!" part has become a meme beloved by many who use the Internet, and it's the main reason why this episode is so high on my list. So, SpongeBob and Patrick begin to play in the box while Squidward watches the TV they didn't use. Squidward begins hearing noises such as an avalance and a helicopter that sound very realistic. When he walks outside, he discovers that it's coming from their imaginations. Squidward comes into their box and goes to "Robot-Pirate Island" with them, where the sound effects are just SpongeBob and Patrick going "Beep! Beep!". Yet when Squidward leaves, the sound effects are grandiose and realistic. He decides to check out the box late at night when the two buddies are asleep, becomes a race car driver, and starts hearing the realistic sound effects. Little does he know that he's actually in a dump truck and is going to the dump! Overall, this episode is one of my favorites because I think it's funny (that's like my reasoning for every single episode I mention) and I like the "Imagination!" thing.

3. Krusty Krab Training Video (season 3, episode 50b)
 Krusty Krab Training Video
 This episode is different from other SpongeBob episodes in that there isn't really a plot. Krusty Krab Training Video is a video an introduction to working at the Krusty Krab an employee would watch on their first day. SpongeBob is the subject of the video, and we learn along with him. The viewers learn about the humble origins of the undersea burger joint, how to be a good employee (as opposed to being a "Squidward", or a bad employee), and how to have good hygiene. Basically everything there is to know about working at the Krusty Krab, except for how to make a Krabby Patty. I think it's hilarious how the episode ends, with it zooming in on a Krabby Patty and then ending abruptly. I also love the fish who appears in the video, yells "HOOPLA!" and then gets hit by a brick. Overall, this episode is one of my all-time favorites and it has been ever since I first saw it.

2. Band Geeks (season 2, episode 35b)
 Band Geeks
My runner-up in this countdown is Band Geeks! In this episode, Squidward's arch-rival, Squilliam Fancyson (who has been extremely successful at life while Squidward has not) calls Squidward and asks for his band to sub in for him at the Bubble Bowl. Squidward says yes, but the problem is, he does not have a band. He assembles the citizens of Bikini Bottom together to form a marching band. The band trains for a week and is not very good at all. They get into a brawl and end up disbanding, but SpongeBob tells them to stick with it for Squidward. On the day of the Bubble Bowl (which is like the Super Bowl), Squilliam shows up expecting Squidward's band to be atrocious. However, they end up being fantastic, playing a rock ballad called "Sweet Victory". Squilliam is stunned that they're so good while Squidward celebrates. This episode is one of my favorites because I'm a band geek myself. As I was doing "research" (if you can even call it that) for this article, I found that many people agree that this is one of the greatest SpongeBob episodes of all time, and I can't say I disagree. Lastly, this episode contains my favorite SpongeBob quote in existence, when Patrick asks Squidward, "Is mayonnaise an instrument?" This episode was close to being my favorite, but my #1 just can't be beat.

And now, my #1. Drumroll please...

1. Pizza Delivery (season 1, episode 5a)
 Pizza Delivery
Sing with me now: "The Krusty Krab Pizza, is the pizza, for you and me! The Krusty Krab Pizza, is the pizza, very tasty!" Nothing can top this episode. In it, a confused customer calls the Krusty Krab ordering a pizza, even though the restaurant doesn't serve pizza. However, Mr. Krabs decides that the customer needs to be satisfied so he sends SpongeBob and Squidward out to deliver a specially-made Krusty Krab Pizza. They first start out in SpongeBob's boat, but when that runs out of gas, they end up walking to the customer's house. SpongeBob annoys Squidward to no extent, singing the aforementioned "Krusty Krab Pizza" song and telling him about the pioneers he saw in a movie once. They walk for a while and start to get hungry, and Squidward thinks they should eat the pizza, but SpongeBob is outraged and tells Squidward that it's for the customer. When they get to the customer's house, he is excited to eat his pizza, but gets mad when he realizes they forgot to give him a soda with it. SpongeBob starts sobbing, and Squidward (who actually does somewhat care about SpongeBob) goes up to the customer, shoves it in his face and makes him eat it in one gulp. This episode is my favorite for a lot of reasons. I love how Squidward actually cares about SpongeBob when Sponge is devastated by the fact that the customer is unsatisfied. I also love the "Krusty Krab Pizza" song. Lastly, this episode is my favorite because it makes me laugh from beginning to end. It's an all-time classic and no other SpongeBob episode can compare.

Thanks for reading and I'm sorry this got to be so long! I will post again soon!

not_luna_lovegood (aka Looney)

No comments:

Post a Comment