Saturday, April 4, 2015

Banana_elephants Top 5 Books (or Series) of All Time

Hello readers of the Brick Wall! It's been quite some time, hasn't it? I had another top five planned, but it proved to be too difficult for me to decide on. Thus came along this idea, and everything else, as they say, is history.


1. Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
This is literally my favorite book and I cannot even explain why I like it so much. It's just simply brilliant! Robin Sloan's writing style is fantastic, and his characters are all just spot on. I must say, I grew to love Clay and Mr. Penumbra equally as the story progressed.



2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I have literally read this book seven times. Not even kidding.  Once again, a fantastically written book. What I really love about this book is the characters and the depth of them (specifically our one and only Etienne St. Clair). Each character is utterly real and completely believable, each with their own little quirks.



3. Legend (Trilogy) by Marie Lu
Literally everything about this is perfect. Even the ending is great (despite how bittersweet and tear-festy it was).  Day was just the perfect character, and June was so fierce! The science fiction aspects of this series were amazing as well. The plot twists (which I totally did not see coming) were both mind-blowing and heart-wrenching. This is a series that I have literally shoved into a person's face telling them to read it. Yeah.


4. Hush Hush (Series) by Becca Fitzpatrick
Although the main character, Nora Grey, seems to occasionally have no idea what's going on, I sincerely loved this series. Patch is actually what I loved so much, everything about him, actually. Especially when he randomly pops up with a new house (...). After the plot twist in the third book, everything really did take a wonderful turn, even if it means having to stomach Nora in the second book in order to get to the third.



5. Inkworld (Trilogy) by Cornelia Funke
I have been reading this trilogy since I was not very old at all. Just recently I finished it, and let me tell you, it was a brilliant ending. The three words, just wow. The world was absolutely fantastic, especially the characters. Dustfinger, one of my favorite fictional characters of all time, is just such a tragically beautiful character. Cornelia Funke's writing style is very poetic, and once you get into one of her books, very pleasing to read.

Well, there you have it. Those were my top 5 favorite books or book series. Banana_elephant, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment