Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Billboard's Top 10 Songs In America (presented to you bynot_luna_lovegood)

It's not_luna_lovegood, and today, I will present to you the top 10 songs in America according to the Billboard Hot 100. It says on the site that this is the chart for the week of April 25, 2015, even though this was written 10 days before that date. I will list the top 10 songs of the week, as well as the song's peak on the chart, whether it has moved or not, and how many places it has moved (if it has). I will also be sharing my opinions on the songs, because why not? Also, all of my information comes from the following site, where you can get to links to listen to or buy the songs! Or you can just go on YouTube/iTunes/Spotify/whatever you use!

www.billboard.com

So let's get things started, shall we?

Last week, Taylor Swift's "Style" was at #7. This week, it falls down 3 places to #10. This song peaked at #6. What do I think about this song? I'm not really a big fan of Taylor's, but I really like this song! It's so catchy and fun to sing along to. This is easily my favorite of the three singles she has released off of her latest album, 1989, the other two being "Shake It Off" and "Blank Space".

New to the top 10 this week is "Shut Up And Dance" by Walk The Moon, coming in at #9, which is a new peak. Last week, it was at #12. I can't lie, I am obsessed with this song. It makes you want to (pun intended) just shut up and dance! This song is definitely one of my favorite songs at the moment. Also, my mom loves it. I don't know why I just said that.

Staying at its #8 peak is "G.D.F.R." by Flo Rida ft. Sage the Gemini and Lookas. First things first, this is my brother's favorite song (at least I think it is). It's not my favorite, but I don't hate it because it reminds me of him. This song also gets stuck in my head a lot.

At #7 is Ellie Goulding's song "Love Me Like You Do". Last week, it was at its #3 peak and has fallen down 4 places. This song is on the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack, and I have not read/seen it (it's probably REALLY inappropriate for my age), nor do I plan to. That being said, I do like this song, though it's not my favorite song by Ellie Goulding (for the record, my favorite of hers is "Burn). "Love Me Like You Do" is a pretty song in my opinion and I understand why people love it like they do (I am on a roll today with these puns!). It is pretty overplayed, though.

Keeping up with the Fifty Shades of Grey theme is The Weeknd's "Earned It (Fifty Shades of Grey)" at #6. Like the aforementioned "Love Me Like You Do", it also falls down from its peak, but this song's peak was #4. I haven't heard this song yet, so I can't really share my opinion on it.

Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud" is at #5, and it was at the #2 spot for 8 weeks. I personally think this song is beautiful and I really like it. I want it played at my wedding. I like a lot of Ed's songs. Also, he looks like he could fit in with the Weasley family in Harry Potter (I'm not saying that to be mean, I love Harry Potter!) Oh, forget it. I'm just thinking out loud (These puns are not going away.)

At #4 is "Trap Queen" by Fetty Wap. It went up 2 places from its #6 position last week. I'm just going to take a wild guess that its popularity comes from Vine, which explains why I have never heard it. I'm not on Vine and am completely oblivious to it.

"Sugar" by Maroon 5 is at a sweet #3 position. However, it falls down from its #2 peak, which isn't so sweet (SO MANY PUNS!) This song is not my favorite, and it's overplayed, but I can listen to it without complaining. Also, my brother and I always joke about this song and how high Adam Levine sings in it.

Falling from its 14-week reign at #1 is "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars, currently at #2. This song was just two weeks shy of tying with "One Sweet Day" by Mariah Carey & Boyz II Men (which came out in 1995) for the song with the most weeks at #1 ever. But "Uptown Funk" does tie for the second-most weeks at #1, so there's that. I am starting to get sick of this song, but it is still very catchy to me! Also, there's a Harry Potter-themed parody of this song which is even better than the original if you ask me. I will link it below, as it's pretty Funk-y (PUNS! SWEET BEAUTIFUL PUNS!)

Dark Lord Funk- Harry Potter Parody of "Uptown Funk"

This week, we have a new #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, and boy, it's a good one. Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth's "See You Again" rises from #10 to the summit of the charts. This song is on the soundtrack to the seventh Fast & Furious movie, and it's a tribute to the late Paul Walker. I had never heard this song until about an hour before I wrote this, and I think it's the first song I've ever listened to to actually move me to tears. I was watching the music video with my brother, which shows a bunch of footage from Paul's life, and about a minute in, I just started sobbing. The funny thing is, I don't even really like rap, nor have I seen any of Paul's movies, but this is just a beautiful, moving song. Having lost many loved ones in my lifetime, "See You Again" really touched me and I really related to it. Hopefully it will see the top of the charts again (even in the most emotional of moments, I can still make puns!)

Sorry this was long, as all my posts are. Also, sorry for the puns. Just kidding, I'm not sorry about those. I might make this a weekly thing, covering the Billboard Top 10. I will write again soon, and I'll see you again (I should get an award for "Most Puns In A Brick Wall Post")!

not_luna_lovegood (aka Looney)

No comments:

Post a Comment