Monday, January 26, 2015

My Top Ten Favorite Movies By: not_luna_lovegood

Pretty much everybody loves a good movie, and if you don't, I am seriously judging you. However, everybody has their favorites, and that brings us to today's topic. I'm not_luna_lovegood, and today I will be sharing my top ten favorite movies! I am not saying these are the BEST movies (there is a difference between BEST and FAVORITE), these are just the movies I like the most. These are my opinions, so it's okay if you agree or disagree. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Feel free to share your favorite movies with me in the comments! Also, all pictures and summaries come from imdb.com, which I feel necessary to put so I don't get sued, LOL.

10. The Lego Movie
 The Lego Movie (2014) Poster

What it's about: "An ordinary Lego construction worker, thought to be the prophesied 'Special', is recruited to join a quest to stop an evil tyrant from gluing the Lego universe into eternal stasis."
Why do I like it?: I love this movie because it's unique and hilarious. At first I didn't really want to see it, but when I did, it ended up being one of my favorites. The characters, voice acting, plot, and animation are all fantastic. Also, I love the song "Everything Is Awesome", which is in the movie. It's just so happy and catchy! Overall, this is a great movie to watch with your family and the first of many animated movies to make my list.

9. Wreck-It Ralph
Wreck-It Ralph (2012) Poster 
What's it about:  "A video game villain wants to be a hero and sets out to fulfill his dream, but his quest brings havoc to the whole arcade where he lives."
Why do I like it?: I love this movie so much because it's such a creative idea. I also love how the viewer learns a valuable lesson, which is to be yourself. The animation is bright and fun, the characters and voice acting are awesome, and as I said before, the plot is fantastic. This movie is also funny yet touching and I highly recommend it!

8. The Lion King
 The Lion King (1994) Poster
What's it about: "Lion cub and future king Simba tests his limits, supported by his family, but sometimes gets in over his head."
Why do I like it?: Many people consider this to be the greatest Disney movie ever, and I definitely see where they're coming from. The plot, voice acting, characters, and animation are done very well. The songs are all brilliant, from "Circle of Life", the iconic opening scene, to the outstandingly catchy "Hakuna Matata" to the romantic "Can You Feel The Love Tonight?" Also, this movie has what I (as well as many people) consider to be one of the most heartbreaking Disney moments (which I will not spoil in case you've never seen it). If you haven't seen this movie, you really should!

7. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
 The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (2013) Poster
What's it about: "Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark become targets of the Capitol after their victory in the 74th Hunger Games sparks a rebellion in the Districts of Panem."
Why do I like it?: This movie is based off of my favorite book in one of my favorite series. The first movie was good, but Catching Fire is better. The movie does a pretty good job of bringing the book to life, with awesome visuals and great acting (gotta love Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss!). The movie is, for the most part, pretty accurate to the book. I recommend watching this movie if you have read the book or seen the first Hunger Games movie. Also, the movie is PG-13, so I recommend it only if you think you're mature enough. 

6. Beauty and the Beast
 Beauty and the Beast (1991) Poster
What it's about: "Belle, whose father is imprisoned by the Beast, offers herself instead and discovers her captor to be an enchanted prince."
Why do I like it?: Yet another Disney movie to make my list, mostly because of nostalgia! This is probably the defining movie of my childhood, as Belle was always my favorite Disney princess. Besides having lots of sentimental value to me, it's also a pretty great movie. The animation is gorgeous, the cast of characters is wonderful, and the plot is beautiful (no pun intended). The soundtrack is also full of beloved songs, my favorite being "Belle", which is the opening song. Like in Wreck-It Ralph, you learn a valuable lesson, which is to never judge a book by its cover. This movie is an all-time classic, and definitely a must-see if you're going to call yourself a Disney fan!

5. Despicable Me 2
 Despicable Me 2 (2013) Poster
What's it about: "When Gru, the world's most super-bad turned super-dad has been recruited by a team of officials to stop lethal muscle and a host of Gru's own, He has to fight back with new gadgetry, cars, and more minion madness."
Why do I like it?: One word: MINIONS. The minions are, in my opinion, the cutest little guys to ever grace the silver screen. They make me smile any day and I am so excited for them to get their own movie (It's called MINIONS and it's coming out later this year). Aside from the minions, this movie is awesome! It's got some great characters, who are brought to life with excellent voice acting. The animation is quirky and the plot is fun and hilarious. If you're looking for a funny movie to watch with your family, look no further!

4. Monsters, Inc.
 Monsters, Inc. (2001) Poster
What's it about: "Monsters generate their city's power by scaring children, but they are terribly afraid themselves of being contaminated by children, so when one enters Monstropolis, top scarer Sulley finds his world disrupted."
Why do I like it?: First of all, I am only talking about the first movie, not Monsters University. Monsters University was good, but I like this movie better. The movie is funny yet touching, has great animation, and awesome characters who are brought to life with wonderful voice acting. I highly recommend this movie.

3. Tangled
 Tangled (2010) Poster
What's it about: "The magically long-haired Rapunzel has spent her entire life in a tower, but now that a runaway thief has stumbled upon her, she is about to discover the world for the first time, and who she really is."
Why do I like it?: This is my favorite Disney movie. I love the characters because they're all likable. Rapunzel isn't your typical damsel in distress, which I love about her. Flynn Rider is by far my favorite Disney prince because he has a unique personality and is pretty hilarious (also, he's like the hottest animated character ever, but that's another story). The animation is stunning and the plot is a fresh twist on the beloved story of Rapunzel. The movie is also pretty funny and has a beautiful soundtrack. "I See The Light" is one of my all-time favorite Disney songs! I recommend this movie to everybody, even if you don't think you'd like it.

2. Finding Nemo
 Finding Nemo (2003) Poster
What's it about: "After his son is captured in the Great Barrier Reef and taken to Sydney, a timid clownfish sets out on a journey to bring him home."
Why do I like it?: I know I've said this is my favorite movie ever, but it's not anymore. It still is one of my favorites, however. The characters are fantastic, my favorite being Dory (mainly because Ellen DeGeneres is hilarious and the perfect voice for her). I also love the plot because it's really heartwarming yet hilarious. The animation is beyond gorgeous. Overall, this movie is one of my favorite movies from my childhood, and one of my favorite movies in general. Also, I definitely want to see the sequel, Finding Dory, which will come out later this year.

And my number one favorite movie as of right now is (drumroll please...)

1. Pitch Perfect
 Pitch Perfect (2012) Poster
What's it about: "Beca, a freshman at Barden University, is cajoled into joining The Bellas, her school's all-girls singing group. Injecting some much needed energy into their repertoire, The Bellas take on their male rivals in a campus competition."
Why do I like it?: This is my favorite movie for a lot of reasons. First of all, it has music in it, and as you know, music is my passion. Second, it is absolutely HILARIOUS! The cast and characters are all hilarious, especially Fat Amy, who is played by Rebel Wilson. Lastly, I love this movie because the plot and writing is awesome in my opinion. I'm really excited for Pitch Perfect 2, which comes out on May 15 of this year. I'm hoping that my mom (who also loves this movie) will take me to see the sequel!

So those are my top ten favorite movies! Agree? Disagree? Tell me in the comments below! My next post will either be "You Know You're A Fangirl/Fanboy When..." or something about pop songs with good messages, so keep on the lookout. I'm not_luna_lovegood, signing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment