Thursday, January 22, 2015

Dog-lover's Favorite Books

Hi everyone, this is Dog-lover, and I am here to tell my top 5 favorite books (or series)

(oh and I do not have the same taste as some of the others, I am more into funny books.)

5. Middle School Series




The Middle School series by James Patterson follows a middle schooler named Rafe Katchadorian (yes, that is his name)  it follows in what appears to be the "worst" years of his life.  The third one listed (MY BROTHER IS A BIG FAT LIAR) is written by his sister Georgia.  There is a new one out that released in summer of 2013 that I want to read.  It is called "How I Survived Bullies, Broccoli, and Snake Hill.  That one looks good.



4. Junie B. Jones (BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING, HEAR ME OUT!)
No, I am not 7 or 8.  I read these when I was littler and I loved them.  There is 27 books (maybe 28) in the series, it was written by Barbara Park (1947-2013).  Books 1-17 are when she was in kindergarten, starting book 18 (Junie B. First Grader AT LAST!) she is in first grade. I recommend this series to anyone younger like in kindergarten and first grade (like I said I do not read these anymore)

3. Hunger Games Trilogy

Hunger Games is an outstanding series SO FAR! (I am still reading Catching Fire, so no spoilers please!  That goes for Mockingjay too) It was written by Suzanne Collins (1962- ).  It follows Katniss Everdeen and her family, this takes place in the future so everything is all weird.

2. Sideways Stories from Wayside School & My Weird School
Image result for louis sachar sideways stories from wayside school

This book is about a school that instead of being built on 1 floor, it is on 30 floors, and tipped sideways!!!!!!  There is a person for each chapter, read this to see how the people there are strange.

My Weird School is written by Dan Gutman, it features AJ and his friends Ryan and Michael.  It also includes his enemy Andrea, and her friend Emily, who is kind of a wuss.  Every book, there is a strange teacher talked about.  There is the My Weird School series, the My Weird School Daze, and My Weirder School.

1!!!!!!! (drum roll please) DIARY OF A WIMPY KID

This is about Greg Heffley and his family, Rodrick, his older brother who is constantly picking on him, Manny, his younger brother, who is a spoiled brat.  Mom, who can get annoying at times, and then there is Dad, nothing much about him.  His friend, Rowley Jefferson, who is kind of a little kid in some ways, and Fregley, who is just gross.

I hope you enjoyed my 5 favorite books and series.  I will see you next week where I go through my favorite songs of January!


Dog-lover

1 comment:

  1. I used to read almost all of those when I was younger. I've outgrown most of them, but I read them every once in a while because they bring back memories. I still love The Hunger Games, though.

    not_luna_lovegood

    ReplyDelete