Thursday, September 4, 2014

Throwback Thursday with not_luna_lovegood #1

Hey, hey, hey! It's me, not_luna_lovegood, and welcome to Throwback Thursday! One thing you should know before I get started, school for all of us Brick Wall-ers started on September 2nd. All of us are involved in extracurricular activities as well, so some of our posts will be coming a little later in the day. We apologize in advance for these inconveniences and hope that you still enjoy the blog nonetheless! So with that being said, for my first Throwback Thursday topic, I am going to be talking about the #1 song of the summer over the past 10 years The reason I'm talking about this because Billboard has recently announced that the song of the summer is...(drumroll please) "Fancy" by Iggy Azalea! Whether you like it or not, you can't deny that no song better represents Summer 2014 (Except for maybe "Rude" by Magic! or "Problem" by Ariana Grande, which are at #2 and #3 on the Summer Songs chart, respectively.) I found this information on the following link, where you can see the rest of the chart and listen to and buy the songs:

Songs of the Summer 2014

So here are the Songs of the Summer of the last 10 years (2004-2014), and where I found this information and you can also listen to the songs there:

Summer Songs 2004-2014

-2004's top summer hit was "Confessions Pt. 2", by Usher.

-The song of the summer for 2005 was Mariah Carey's "We Belong Together".

-"Promiscuous" by Nelly Furtado ft. Timbaland was the dominant song of Summer 2006.

-In 2007, the top song of the summer was "Umbrella" by Rihanna ft. Jay-Z.

-Katy Perry's "I Kissed A Girl" was the #1 song of the summer for 2008.

-Summer 2009 was dominated by "I Gotta Feeling" by The Black Eyed Peas.

-The biggest song of Summer 2010 was "California Gurls" by Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dogg.

-2011's summer anthem was LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem.

-Carly Rae Jepsen had the top song of Summer 2012 with "Call Me Maybe"

-The song that dominated Summer 2013 was "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke.

-Finally, as I said before, Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" was the hit for Summer 2014.

I'm sorry that this is kind of short and also a little late, but I hope that doesn't stop you from enjoying the post! I'm not_luna_lovegood (aka Looney) and I will be back next Thursday for another throwback!

not_luna_lovegood









No comments:

Post a Comment