Thursday, August 13, 2015

Wow

Wow. Just wow. I haven't made a post since June, and I haven't made a legitimate post (meaning one that isn't like a sentence long) since May. I'm sorry about this, it's just that I've been busy. Doing what, you ask? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING PRODUCTIVE EXCEPT FOR LAY AROUND ON MY BED AND WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS! It may not be over yet, but the summer of 2015 has been a waste for me. I've done almost none of the things I wanted to do this summer, which includes writing on here. I'm truly disappointed in myself.

One of the main reasons I haven't posted in forever is because I've been suffering from writer's block...kinda. My problem is not so much that I don't have ideas, it's that those ideas aren't worth posting. First, I was going to write about my favorite songs of the 2010s decade so far. I scrapped that idea because it was essentially this huge rant (I call it that because I can't think of a better word) about why I love the song "Paradise" by Coldplay, and it just wasn't very good (the post, not the song. I love the song, but I haven't listened to it in a while. It might be because I got sick of it, but give me a month or two and I'll listen to it and love it just as I did the first time. I'm weird like that.) I do, however, like this concept of my favorite songs of the decade. I might do it some other time.

Another post I wanted to write was a rant about how I've lost interest in The Hunger Games series. Basically, it was about how I used to be obsessed with it, but now the last movie is coming out in a few months and I just don't care anymore. It's not that I hate The Hunger Games as much as the fact that I've, as I mentioned before, lost interest. I didn't post this because I didn't think it was a strong enough idea to base an entire post about. I could've briefly mentioned it in a post like this and it would be for the better. Also, Quidditch_Turtle had just written a post about this same series and I didn't want to sound like a copycat.

So, what have I been into lately? I've developed an obsession with watching So You Think You Can Dance videos on YouTube. I know that the show's in the middle of a season right now, but they're doing this "Stage vs. Street" thing where they have teams (Stage being contemporary, jazz, ballroom, and tap dancers and Street being hip-hop) and the idea just doesn't appeal to me. I prefer the old format and I love going back, watching my favorite routines from past seasons, and discovering new ones. I might make a post about it someday.

For us at the Brick Wall, school starts on September 1 and we're getting ready to go back. I know a lot of people disagree with me, but I actually like school and I've missed seeing my classmates every day. I actually cried on the last day of school last year because I didn't want to leave. I"m excited to meet new teachers and friends, try new things, and prepare myself for the future. We're probably not going to post very often during the school year, but we'll try to post whenever we can.

 I know that this post was really pointless and not about anything in particular, but it felt necessary. I just wanted to say that I'm not dead, I've just been lazy. I'll post whenever I feel like it, and have a nice day.

not_luna_lovegood (aka Looney)

No comments:

Post a Comment