Friday, July 17, 2015

Fandom Friday 7.17.15

Hello everyone! This is Quidditch_Turtle, writing to you from the desk of The Brick Wall. As I (and everyone else at The Brick Wall) mentioned in previous posts, it's been a while since we've all posted. For this post, I'd like to do an update on one of my other Fandom Friday posts from way-back-when. I had created a list of books that I wanted to read and titled it my "Book Bucket List." Quite some time has passed since then, which means that I've had the chance to read a lot of the books on that list. Here's the list, also including additional comments about my reading journey.



1. Divergent Trilogy
    Veronica Roth


I started and finished Divergent in March 2015, and finished Insurgent in April. Then I had to read a different book for a project in school, but I picked the series up again with Allegiant and finished that in the end of May.






2. The Hobbit/ The Lord of the Rings
    J.R.R. Tolkien

I read The Hobbit in the end of 2014, and enjoyed the writing style of J.R.R. Tolkien a lot, but I'm not really into the whole "hard-core fantasy" aspect of the series. Therefore, I didn't continue to read the actual LOTR series.























(I apologize for all of the white space; the pictures are tough to work with...)


3. Between Shades of Gray
    Ruta Sepetys

My cousin had recommended this novel to
me a while back when she had to read it for school. I still haven't read it.








4. The Book Thief
    Markus Zusak

I bought it! It's sitting on my dresser! But I still need to read it!...






(I apologize for all of the white space; the pictures are tough to work with...)



5. Series of Unfortunate Events
    Lemony Snicket

I am actually currently reading this series right now! I'm about half-way finished with the 5th book, The Austere Academy. I'm really enjoying it so far, but it is starting to get a little repetitive. Anyway, I'm hoping to finish the series by the end of the summer.






6. The Fault in our Stars
    John Green

I read an excerpt of this on my Kindle once, but I wasn't really that interested. This book is short enough, though, where it might be one of those "I-Don't-Have-Anything-Else-To-Read-So-I'll-Read-This" sort of thing.








7. The Giver
    Lois Lowry

I read this book at the beginning of September 2014, and enjoyed it! I have MANY mixed feelings about the ending, however...Those of you who have also read this know what I'm talking about...Recently, I saw the movie adaptation, and liked it, but it was sooooooooooooo different from the book; it was just weird.






8. Wonder
    R.J. Palacio

We did a chart-thing on this book/author at school once, and I think the author's inspiration for writing the book is a really good story, but I don't know if I'd actually read the book anymore.






9. If I Stay & Where She Went
    Gayle Forman

I received both of these books as a birthday gift, and started reading If I Stay in October 2014. I finished it in about 2 weeks, and started the next one, Where She Went. I never finished this, however, because I felt like there was too much swearing in the book (those of you who have ever read a Gayle Forman piece know what I'm talking about). **SPOILER FOR IF I STAY DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED IF I STAY**I would have really liked to know what happened between Adam and Mia, though.





10. Percy Jackson series
      Rick Riordan

Again, haven't read it, but it's a rainy day series.



11. Artemis Fowl
     Eoin Colfer

Haven't read it, rainy day, yadda yadda yadda...



12. The Westing Game
      Ellen Raskin

I like mysteries, but I haven't read this one either...




13. Charlie St. Cloud
      Ben Sherwood

I don't even know why these are on here; there are SO many other books that I want to read more than these next few... Oh well, people change, so Book Bucket Lists change. I'm just going to list the next few books (Haven't read any of them, btw).




14. Homefront
      Doris Gwaltney


15. In a Heartbeat
      Loretta Ellsworth


16. (Last One) Ways to Live Forever
      Sally Nicholls



Whew, that was a long one! Maybe I'll do an updated Book Bucket List sometime in the future, since this is from almost a year ago...anyway, see ya soon!

~Quidditch_Turtle (:

No comments:

Post a Comment