Friday, October 10, 2014

Fandom Friday with not_luna_lovegood #1

Hello, it's me, not_luna_lovegood, and I am so sorry that I haven't posted in a while! It's just that I'm busy with school and volleyball and I just can't find the time to post. I haven't left the blog, I'm just busy. So without further ado, I've decided that for my triumphant return, I am going to do a Book Bucket List like Quidditch_Turtle did, because there are a lot of books that I want to read.

1. The Selection series by Kiera Cass



I've heard a lot of good things about this series from both Banana_Elephant and one of my other friends who isn't on the blog. I hear that it's a cross between Cinderella and The Hunger Games, and I think it sounds pretty interesting!

2. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare



This is another series I have heard a lot about, but haven't gotten the chance to read yet. A lot of people I know from other sites have recommended this for me because I love books like Divergent and The Hunger Games. Banana_Elephant said I should never read this, but what can I say? I'm a bit of a rebel, so I think I'm going to read it soon.

3. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins



I recently read the other two books in this series, Anna and the French Kiss (aka the book where Banana_Elephant got her nickname from!) and Lola and the Boy Next Door, and I loved them. I really want to read the next book to see how the series ends.

4. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell



I really want to read this book since I'm a fangirl at heart. I recently finished Eleanor & Park, which is also by Rainbow Rowell, and I thought it was AMAZING. I'm probably going to read Fangirl after I'm done reading The Giver by Lois Lowry.

5. If I Stay by Gayle Forman



One thing you should know is that I am a sucker for a tearjerker (The Fault In Our Stars is one of my favorites) and this one looks really good. Though if I do end up reading it, I'm likely going to need some tissues...

6. Paper Towns by John Green




The main reason why I want to read this book is because it's by John Green. Despite the fact that I have only read one of his books (The Fault In Our Stars), he is still one of my favorite authors because I love the way he writes and I think he's hilarious. I think this book looks like a pretty good one!

7. Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card



My dad read this book when he was younger and he liked it a lot. He recommended it for me since he knows I love dystopian fiction. I might read this sometime in the future.

8. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke



I saw the movie based off of this book and I thought it was really good. I almost always prefer the book to the movie, and since I liked the movie so much, I think I'm going to read the book.

9. The Spiderwick Chronicles by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black




See what I said about Inkheart. I would write about why I want to read this series, but I would pretty much be repeating myself, so just look above.

10. Matched by Ally Condie



I read a little bit of the first book and it was good. I didn't stop because I didn't like it, I stopped because I had gotten Divergent and I wanted to read that more. I still really liked the book, though, and I want to finish it.

So those are 10 books I want to read! There are probably a lot more, I just couldn't think of any more. I'm not_luna_lovegood, and I will write again soon!

not_luna_lovegood

Update 11/3/14:  I finished Fangirl recently and it's now one of my all-time favorites. I think I relate to Cath, the main character, a lot and it's just a great read overall. Right now, I am reading City of Bones, the first book in the Mortal Instruments series. I haven't really been able to get into it yet, but Chuckles said it was a pretty hard book to get into. I'm not giving up on it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment